Be prepared. Before your interview, take time to research the organisation, the interviewer and the job. This will impress the interviewer (or interview panel), and give you more confidence that you’re fully prepared. We recommend you:
- Review the company website and write down three key facts about the organisation. Take these facts to the interview.
- Research any projects, new ventures or recent changes within the organisation.
- Review the interviewer’s LinkedIn page.
- Study the job description and write down any questions you have.
Also be sure to think through and practice your answers to the questions they’re likely to ask. Below is a list of the more common interview questions. Don’t be fooled; they may look simple, but they can be tricky to answer if you’re not prepared.
- Tell me about yourself?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years/10 years?
- Describe a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you overcame it?
- What is your biggest achievement/accomplishment?
- What do you know about us?
- Why should we hire you?