19 Aug Recipes we’ve loved in lockdown
With more time at home, there’s more time to cook. Sometimes, more elaborate, ambitious meals. Other times, the quick, tried and tested.
During lockdown, the team at Monica Clare Recruitment—alongside most of the country—have embraced this lockdown pastime. Here are some recipes we’ve loved in lockdown. Bonus points if you can pair each recipe with their chef!
Recipes we’ve loved in lockdown: Savoury
- Chinese Beef DumplingsThis is a complete upgrade from the frozen variety; look at that prep!
- Swedish MeatballsWith IKEA shutdown, we’re thankful Carla is in the know. Here’s how you can recreate possibly the best walk-through IKEA treat. Well, right next to DAIM.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs in Tomato SaucePossibly the most-requested winter meal.
- Pan-Seared Thai Chili Scallops, Greek Salad and Chicken Wings
Something for the parents and the kids.
Recipes we’ve loved in lockdown: Sweet
- Cadbury Chocolate CracklesCrowd-pleaser for a special lockdown birthday (for Deanna’s Mr Five). Better yet, it’s super simple. When you’re working from home with children, we’ve found simple is good.
- Mel’s “Big Three”: Lamingtons, Bakery-Style Choc Chip Muffins and Chocolate Caramel Slice“Porque no los dos?” Or, in this case, all three. If you’re big on chocolate these are crowd-pleasers.
- Healthy Caramel Slice (Vegan)If you’re big on chocolate but want to satisfy the sweet tooth without landing on unhealthy foods, this is the one.
- Fresh Fruit FlanBecause cake with candles on a Wednesday is always a good idea in lockdown. Better yet if the cake is only for two.
MCR has a 95 per cent success rate with 81 per cent of placements still in their position two years late.
If you are looking for a new position, reach out to a team member or call the office (02) 4967 5236.